Rochester, New York (FTS Headquarters) and Syracuse, New York
The Marketing Analyst is a truly functional trailblazer, a continuous learner, and an integral member of the FTS team. Managing the company’s marketing initiatives through market research, market analysis and direct strategy & planning is absolutely required. The Marketing Analyst position will continuously and unequivocally exude the following FTS Core Virtues:
- Be Yourself
- Think “Better”
- Each employee plays a major part in maintaining the FTS brand, reputation and culture, both internally and externally
- Each employee’s opinion, advice or criticism is welcomed and encouraged in order to shape and extend our brand and what we stand for
Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
Workload Management – The ability to properly manage one’s daily and weekly schedule to reflect a balance between primary duties, which include the following:
Market and Data Analytics
- Devise, execute and assess procedures and methods for internal data collection, including opinion polls, surveys, and questionnaires.
- Prepare reports on analysis while illustrating data with graphs and translating complex results into written texts that are clear and understandable
- Advise on and oversee value-add business and market studies from inception to completion
- Evaluate and maintain internal databases to ensure data quality
- Evaluate target demographics, appropriate distribution channels and marketing outlets for specific messaging and/or content
- Be familiar with research methodologies, including common computer programs, and increase understanding of advanced statistical analysis
- Perform valid and reliable market analysis for potential new markets of entry, this may include SWOT analysis, total market value estimations, market share potential estimations, etc.
- Remain fully informed on market trends, make recommendations on and implement best practices
- Provide actionable overall market insights to address key strategic questions
Sample 2021 Data Analytics Projects
- Upstate NY compensation analysis by key division and geographical market
- Market analysis for potential new markets of entry
- 2021 Annual Impact Report
Other Marketing Functions
- Oversee social media channel content, including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. and monitor performance analytics
- Spearhead sponsorship event coordination and marketing materials
- Create Lead Generation content for client target lists with message input from business development
- Oversee creation and distribution of internal digital and hard copy marketing materials as need
- Maintain website page and creative materials to make sure they accurately reflect the FTS brand and offerings
- Measure the effectiveness of advertising, marketing and communications strategies across multiple channels
- Adjusts marketing campaigns and strategies as needed in response to collected data and other feedback
Must have skills & experience
- 2-5 years experience in a data-driven marketing or marketing analytics role
- Exceptional written & oral communication*
- System and organizationally savvy
- Balanced energy and work ethic**
- Highest regard for ethical behavior
- Exudes willingness and capability to learn and lead
Nice to have skills & experience
- Staffing/recruiting industry experience
- 5+ years experience in marketing field
- Entrepreneurial mindset / Startup experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Marketing or related field from four-year college or technical school.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
**Although typical work responsibilities will fall during normal working hours (7AM-6PM), this business has unpredictable needs that must be addressed outside of the office and normal working hours (6PM-7AM)
Think you’re the right fit?
Fill out the application below and we’ll contact you shortly.