Technology Recruiter (All Experience Levels)
Rochester, New York (FTS Headquarters) and Syracuse, New York
The Technology Recruiter is a truly functional trailblazer, a continuous learner, and an integral member of the recruiting division. Building relationships and providing premium-level recruiting service and consultation to clientele and candidates is absolutely required. The Technology Recruiter position will continuously and unequivocally exude the following FTS Core Virtues:
- Be Yourself
- Think “Better”
Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
Workload Management – The ability to properly manage one’s daily and weekly schedule to reflect a balance between primary duties, which include the following:
- Manages assigned recruiting tasks for FTS clients, including:
- Filling open positions in the Technology sector throughout Upstate NY and other parts of the country
- Screening candidates*
- Submitting candidates directly to FTS sales team or clients*
- Prep candidates for upcoming interviews (phone and in-person)*
- Provide feedback to multiple parties involved in each project
- Negotiate salary requirements on behalf of the candidate, while maintaining the best interest of all parties (Candidate, Client, FTS)*
- Follow up upon placement of candidate within an organization to ensure a smooth and successful placement moving forward
- Sources, engages with, manages, and builds real relationships with candidates
- Utilizing internal databases, LinkedIn Recruiter, ZipRecruiter, RocketReach, and other platforms, each recruiter will research, and reach out to qualified individuals for different permanent placement or temporary placement jobs
- Engage with candidates via email, phone, and in-person, based on the surrounding circumstances for each position that they are recruiting on*
- Oral and written skills are necessary in order to successfully build relationships with candidates
- Drives, enhances, and maximizes the FTS candidate experience
- Will be accountable for being available to candidates while at work, but also outside of work hours as necessary**
- Will act in the best interest of their candidates, FTS, and the client
- Will provide timely feedback and honest assessments of candidate’s qualifications and experiences as they relate to specified positions
- Strategically builds a pipeline of relevant, qualified, and exceptional talent
- Will be educated on the proper qualifications of each position within their industry scope. From there, they will be accountable for identifying and filtering different levels of qualified candidates that would create successful placements*
- Develop listening and interview skills necessary to identify qualifying factors for each candidate
- Develop listening and interview skills necessary to identify red flags/disqualifying factors for each candidate
- Adds to and maintains internal candidate database
- Responsible for learning the database system that we use (Bullhorn) as well as other platforms that are used daily (LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, RocketReach, Microsoft Office, and other potentials). Within each of these platforms, recruiters will confidently navigate the system in order to optimize their day-to-day
- Conducts onsite meetings with both prospective candidates and clients
- As necessary, each recruiter will engage with candidates and/or clients on and off-site for purposes related to business development, interview prep, and relationship management
- Positively contributes and drives forward the internal company culture
- Each employee plays a major part in maintaining the FTS brand, reputation, and culture, both internally and externally
- Each employee’s opinion, advice, or criticism is welcomed and encouraged in order to shape and extend our brand and what we stand for
- Performs duties to assist with the growth of FTS to include marketing, research, and placing qualified candidates for client base
- Each recruiter will be involved in the research and marketing of their department, which will help to identify future business, potential candidates, and industry leaders that would positively impact the FTS business
Must have skills & experience
- 1-5 years’ experience in Recruiting/Staffing or direct Tech-related/start-up experience
- System savvy
- Exceptional written & oral communication
- Balanced energy and work ethic**
- High regard for ethical behavior
- Willingness and capability to learn
- Entrepreneurial mindset
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Associate’s degree (A. A. / A. S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience. B.S in Business preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
**Although typical work responsibilities will fall during normal working hours (7AM-6PM), this business has unpredictable needs that must be addressed outside of the office and normal working hours (6PM-7AM)
Think you’re the right fit?
Fill out the application below and we’ll contact you shortly.